Bryan McCarthy's Bao Buns with Pork: Today
- Whisk the yeast into the butter and milk to dissolve. Sift the rest of the ingredient together.
- In a mixer on low speed, using the dough hook, add the liquid then gradually add the dry ingredients.
- Mix on low for 10 minutes and then knead into a ball. Put back into the mixing bowl and cover with cling film to sit in a warm place for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Remove from bowl and divide in two. Roll out and cut ping pong ball size pieces and roll between your hands and then with a rolling pin roll into an elliptical shape brush with a little oil double over and place a piece of parchment in between the layers.
- Allow to sit for a further 15 minutes then steam for 7-8 minutes in a bamboo or stainless-steel steamer.
- Coat the sliced pork in the sauces and ginger and roast in the oven for 9/10 minutes the sauce should be sticky
Sweet Bao-Nut with Banana, Chocolate and Macadamia Nut
- Deep fry the Bao Buns in the fryer at 175 degrees till crisp and golden like a doughnut drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle a little sugar on top
- Fill while still warm with your favourite ice cream, fruit, chocolate or nuts.
- I’m using Banana, Chocolate and Macadamia nuts.
Hint: Always use baking paper in your steamer to prevent the dough sticking
Tip: You can use leftover Pork, Lamb, roast beef or chicken to make a delicious meal from your leftovers