Wade Murphy's Crowd Pleasing Chili Beef: Today
Have small bowls of all the various garnishes ready.
By Wade Murphy
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a high heat.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Fry, constantly stirring until soft. This will take about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up as to fry.
- Once the beef has browned, about 6-7 minutes, add the spices and tomato puree. Cook these out for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and beer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the chili mix to simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes. By this time the mix should have thickened.
- Serve in the pot in the centre of the table and have small bowls of all the various garnishes ready.