8 To Plate with Kevin Dundon
- Watch Kevin Dundon make Warm Salad of Gorgonzola Cheese & Honey Roasted Peaches on The Afternoon Show.
- Watch Kevin Dundon make Chicken with Wild mushroom, Spinach and parmesan reduction on The Afternoon Show.
Monday, 17 May 2010
How many times have you come in from work and opted for a microwave meal because you just don't have the time to cook dinner? Imagine you could prepare, cook and serve up a nutritious dinner for all the family in 8 minutes! Kevin Dundon is in for the challenge, with the clock ticking to prove it can be done!
Kevin Dundon, Dunbrody House
Warm Salad of Gorgonzola Cheese & Honey Roasted Peaches
The combination of the sweet fruit works wonderfully with the delicious creamy flavour of the cheese.
. 4 large peaches
. 1oz/25g butter
. 4oz/110g gorgonzola cheese
. Mixed lettuce leaves
. 150ml honey
. 2 sprigs of thyme
. Juice of ½ lemon
1. Half the peaches and remove the stone.
2. In a large frying pan melt the butter until bubbling and add the halved (or quartered) or quartered peaches to the pan and allow them to become coated in the butter. Cook gently for 2 minutes until just beginning to soften.
3. Put the honey into the pan with the peaches together with the lemon juice and the thyme.
4. Bring the mixture to the boil for approximately 1-2 minutes until the peaches are fully caramelised-which will happen because of the honey reduiction and then remove the pot and allow the mixture to cool down for a moment or two.
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves in a large bowl.
6. Top with a crumbled gorgonzola cheese and neatly arrange a roasted peach on top.
7. Drizzle with the thyme infused honey left in the pan.
Pan Fried Breast of Chicken,
With Wild mushroom, Spinach and parmesan reduction
. 4 Chicken Breasts-Butterflied (split open like a book)
. 30g butter
. 200g wild mushrooms (Oyster, chitake, Chanterelle etc)
. 200g spinach
. 300ml cream
. 60g freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
. 40ml white wine
. Freshly chopped Parsley
. Seasoning-Salt and Black Pepper
1. Heat a large frying pan with a little drizzle of oil.
2. Pan fry Chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned (not too dark)
3. Next add in the mushrooms (you can use the butter if additional cooking liquid is required) and gently fry the mushrooms. Season as required. Sometimes I just put a little salt on the mushrooms at this stage.
4. Pour in the white wine and allow to reduce.
5. Add the cream and parmesan cheese at this stage and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
6. Next add in the spinach leaves and chopped parsley and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the spinach is cooked.
7. Taste the sauce at this stage and correct the seasoning.
Slice the chicken breast length ways and arrange them in the centre of the plate placing one in the north south direction and the other at an east to west direction with the piece with the thigh bone at the top.
Spoon a little of the stew style sauce on the side of the chicken and let it drizzle down the side. Gently scatter additional sauce around the side of the plate.
Serve with some fresh tagliatelle dressed with lemon butter.