Cool Foods with Louise Lennox
- Louise Lennox makes Melba Sorbet and Orange Grinta on The Afternoon Show
- Louise Lennox makes Pina Colada Pop/Fun in the Sun (Adult Pop) on The Afternoon Show
- Louise Lennox makes Children's Rainbow Pops on The Afternoon Show
Wednesday, 12 May 2010
No hot summer's day would be complete without an ice-cool treat, so whether your preference is light, refreshing fruit sorbet or mouth tingling ice lollies, today Louise will have lots of chilly treats to make your summer sweeter!
Louise Lennox Pastry chef
. 1 Lt. Cold Water
. 500g Caster Sugar
. 300g Raspberries
. 100g Redcurrants
. Juice of 2 Limes
. 40g Glucose Syrup
1. Put the water, sugar and glucose syrup in a saucepan and bring to the boil
2. When it starts to boil, allow to simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat
3. Place raspberries and redcurrants into a saucepan and cook until soft
4. Liquidise and add this to the sugar syrup
5. Mix in the lime juice
6. Churn in ice cream machine until frozen. If you don't have an ice cream machine,You can place mixture in a plastic container, place in freezer, remove every hour and stir until you get right consistency.
. 1 pint of Freshly squeezed orange juice
. 2 Limes juiced
. 6 Table spoons Cointreau
. Sugar to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together and sugar to taste.
2. Pour into a large roastings pan or plastic container. The mixture should cover the container completely and be 1inch in deep.
3. Place in the freezer for 1 hour. When it begines to freeze scrape with a fork to break up the ice crystals then return to the freezer.
4. Repeat step 3 twice more. Keep in the freezer until ready to use. This is lovely served with home made jelly.
Adult Party Pops
Pina Colada pops
. 1 Tin of Crushed Pineapple in natural juice
. 3 oz Caster sugar
. 4 floz Coconut milk
. 4 floz Malibu
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth.
2. Pour into Ice pop moulds, and add the lolly pop stick
3. Freeze for about 6 hours.
Fun in the sun
. 8 floz Orange juice
. 4 floz Cranberry juice
. 4 floz Peach schnappes
. 2 floz Vodka
. 1 Lime juiced
Method as above.
Childrens Rainbow pops
. 4 oz Raspberries
. 2 Ripe Bananas
. 2 Ripe Mangoes
. 4 oz Blueberries
. 12 oz Vanilla Yoghurt
1. Put raspberries and 3 oz of yoghurt in a food blender. Blend until smooth. Pour raspberry mixture into 8 ice pop moulds and place in the freezer until just beginning to freeze.
2. Mash up banana and add 3 oz yoghurt into the blender until smooth. Pour on top of the Raspberry layer. Return to freezer.
3. Put blueberries and 3 oz yoghurt into blender whizz until smooth. Pour this on top of banana layer.
4. Peel and chop the mangos, add them and remaining yoghurt in the blender until smooth and pour on top of blueberry layer. Place the lolly pop stick in the middle then freeze completely.