Summer Childhood Food Memories with Louise Lennox
- Louise Lennox makes Butterfly Buns on The Afternoon Show
- Louise Lennox makes S'mooers on The Afternoon Show
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
Louise Lennox, Pastry Queen
Louise has loved baking from an early age. She remembers having cakes sales at weekends and at school
. 6oz Butter softened
. 6oz Caster sugar
. 3 Large Eggs
. 8oz Self Raising Flour
. 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
. 1/2 Pint Double Cream
. 4oz Strawberry Jam
. 1oz Icing sugar( optional)
1. Whisk butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one by one,then add in the vanilla.
3. Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture with a spoon.
4. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases, and divide the mixture between them.
5. Bake the cakes in a preheated oven @ 185oC for 18 mins.
6. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire tray.Take the fairy cakes from the muffin tray and when cold cut off the top.
7. Whip the cream until thick then spoon a little jam then cream on the cakes. Sprinkle the top with icing sugar, cut in half and stick into the cream.
S'mooers - Biscuits
. 200g Unsalted butter softened
. 200g Caster sugar
. 1 Large egg beaten
. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
. 400g Plain Flour
. 150g Marshmallows
. 200g Milk chocolate
. 100g White chocolate
1. Cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
3. Add in the flour, roll into a ball and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
4. Place cookie dough on a floured surface and roll out to an even thickness 1/4 inch.
5. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
6. Carefully put them on a lined baking tray, and return to the fridge for another 30 mins.
7. Bake in a preheated oven @ 150oC for 20 -25 mins until golden brown.
8. Allow half to cool on a wire rack.
9. Keep the other half of the biscuits on the tray and put two marshmallows on top. put the tray back into the oven for 3 to 5 mins until the marshmallows begin to melt.
10. Take them out of the oven and put a biscuit on top and sandwich together,allow marshmallow to harden slightly.
11. Break up the milk and white chocolate into small pieces put into two heat proof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water allow to melt.
12. Dip the S'mooers into the melted milk chocolate then drizzle with white chocolate Let the chocolate set and Enjoy!