Eight to Plate with Richie Wilson
Thursday, 15 April 2010
Richie Wilson- Head Chef at the Morrison
Seafood Lasagna With Purple Broccoli and Wilted Spinach
To Serve 4
. 460g Fresh Lasagna Pasta (115g per person)
. 200g Fresh Prawns
. 200g Fresh Salmon Pieces
. 200g Fresh Cod
. 200ml White Wine
. 400ml Cream
. 2 Shallots
. 300g Purple Broccoli Floret's (Normal Broccoli will do)
. 2tsp Chopped thyme
. 1clove Crushed Garlic
. 200g Grated Parmesan
. 100g Grated Gruyere Cheese
. 400g Baby Spinach
. 10g Butter
. 1 Lemon
. Olive Oil
1. Begin by bringing a pot of salted water to the boil and add a drop of olive. Now add your fresh pasta and cook for 3-4 minutes before straining, seasoning and setting to one side.
2. Heat a wide base pan (ensure you have a lid to fit) and drizzle a little olive oil over it.
3. Now add the shallots garlic and thyme, prawns and broccoli, sauté for 1 minute or so before adding the white wine.
4. Bring the wine to the boil. Now add the cream and the remaining fish, continue to boil with the lid off for another 2-3 minutes or until the cream begins to thicken. Now add the parmesan cheese a little squeeze of lemon and season.
5. On a preheated plate lay your first sheet of lasagne followed by a spoon of the fish cream, followed by another layer of pasta. Repeated this twice more and place the gruyere cheese on top of the final sheet of lasagne.
Banoffi Cheese Cake
To Serve 4
. 2 Bananas
. 100g Caster Sugar
. 100g Unsalted Butter
Cheese Cake Centre
. 100ml Cream
. 400g Cream Cheese
. 50g Icing Sugar
. 1 Vanilla Pod
. 75g Dark Chocolate
. 180g Crunched Cornflakes
Method:- Banoffi Topping
1. Heat a non stick frying pan and add the caster sugar. Continue to heat until the sugar caramelizes.
2. Now add the butter and mix well.
3. Peel and half the bananas length ways and half again side ways.
4. Add the bananas to the Carmel and turn quickly over the heat for just 2-3 minutes.
Method:- Cheesecake Centre
1. In a mixing bowl add the cheese, pouring cream, sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod. Whisk gently until all the ingredients have been mixed but be gentle enough to avoid softening the cheese too much.
Method:- Chocolate Base
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl and add the crushed cornflakes. Mix well until all the cornflakes are covered in chocolate.
Use a ring to present this dish on a plate or alternatively layer in a glass. Begin by pudding the corn flake and chocolate in first and firming it down with a spoon. Now add a few spoons of the cheese cake filling. Remove the ring and place 2 pieces of the caramelized banana on top. Now spoon plenty of the caramel around the plate and over the top. Enjoy!