Oliver Cooks Katherine's Favourite Food
Friday, 19 February 2010
Oliver Dunne - Head Chef at Bon Appetit
Born in 1977 and raised on Dublin's Northside, Oliver Dunne has spent his career surrounded by award winning chefs - Conrad Gallagher, Gary Rhodes and Gordon Ramsay to name but a few. After taking over the helm of Bon Appetit in 2006, Oliver was awarded his own Michelin Star in January 2008.
. 500g Lean mince
. 50g Chopped sun dried tomatoes
. 2 slices of bread (crumbed)
. 2 egg yolks
. 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
. 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
. 1/2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
. 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
. Few drops of Tabasco
. Salt and pepper
. Olive oil
. 1 tsp Picked thyme leaves
. 2 red onions, finely sliced
. 50g butter
. 1 tablespoon Demerara sugar
. 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
. 4 soft Burger baps
. 1 ripe beef tomato
. 1 buffalo mozzarella ball
. 1 red onion
. 1 head Baby gem lettuce
. Wholegrain mustard
1. To make the burger quickly fry the chopped red onion and the garlic in some olive oil for 1-2mins until translucent.
2. Add to the rest of the burger ingredients and mix well.
3. Shape into even size patties and allow too set in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Brush a hot griddle or frying pan with olive oil and brown your burgers on both sides for 3-4 minutes until medium, when medium remove from the heat and allow to rest as you would when cooking a steak.
5. For the onion relish sweat off the onions on a low heat for 10mins then add the sugar and balsamic and continue to cook until all the juice has evaporated.