Occasion-wear on a budget with Brendan Scully
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
With so many spring weddings, Easter parties, christenings, communions and confirmations to attend, we're all out a packet on outfits. Today we have fabulously fashionable options on a budget of €100 for both guys & girls
Brendan Scully:- Works wonders on a budget!
Brendan Scully has been making dance costumes & dresses for a number of years with his company 'STAR'. Similar to those seen on popular shows 'Strictly Come Dancing' & 'Dancing on Ice'.
In addition to these award winning creations Brendan has made one off red carpet pieces for such well know people as Sinead O Carroll, Andrea Roche & Fionnuala Sherry of ' Secret Garden' fame to name but a few.
More recently Brendan has styled various fashion editorials, music acts, fashion tours and corporate events. Credits range from hand created customised Swarovski crystal suit that launched their first store here in Ireland, Fashion shows for Debenhams, Byoung & McElhineys Department store and worked alongside well Irish fashion photographers such as Barry McCaul & Lili Forberg.
In addition to this Brendan also keeps up to date with break through new trends, what's hot and not through the day-to-day running of agency Bscene The Agency where he is one of the directors.
5 top tips for Spring/Summer Occasion wear in Ireland:-
1. Consider the occasion and the other guests attending, what will they be wearing? Whilst it's always nice to stand out in a crowd-you want it to be for the right reasons!
2. Remember that Spring/Summer in Ireland can mean four seasons in one day- it's best to layer clothing and opt for the warmer side of things, there's nothing worse than being frozen all day. If clothes are layered, you can take something off when indoors. Basic trench coats in vibrant colours are perfect (and generally rainproof!) Fabrics like light-weight wool mixes, jersey and cotton are ideal for fickle climates
3. Pay attention to colour this time of year- whilst pastel tones are usually more suited to summer and dark tones more suited to winter, a splash of colour is very refreshing for Spring Summer but stronger, bold hues are best so as not to look washed out.
4. Footwear is again difficult to pin down at this time of year as feet can be cold in sandals, yet boots are really a no no for occasion wear. Why not dig out your neutral tones wedges or bright espadrilles, perfect!
5. Bear in mind that whatever the forecast, an umbrella and raincoat are essential. The spring air can carry a decent chill, especially at night, and spring showers are always a possibility.
Outfit 1:- Sean
Lemon Shirt, €8,
All Dunnes Stores
Total price:- €66
Outfit 2:- Ally
All from Penneys
Outfit 3:- Sarah
All from Debenhams
Total Price:- €102.50
Outfit 4:- Sean
All from Penneys
Total Price:- €63
Outfit 5: Ally
Navy Riva Dress, €49.99
Curly Scarf, €24.99
Outfit 6:- Sarah
Dress, €50, St Tropez
Shawl €25 St. Tropez
Ribbon €3 St. Tropez
Shoes, €18, Penneys
Total Price:- €96