What Women Want!...Leone's Lingerie Lust List
Thursday, 12 February 2009
From PVC to Polyester, suspenders to stockings- men have been getting it wrong for centuries- here with a definitive ladies lingerie lust list is super stylist Leone Amon!
Buying lingerie for their partner is a battle that few men finish with victory.
Leone Amon- knows what women want!
A native of Cape Town SA, Leone studied Fiber Art for three years, learning the processes of natural dying, printing techniques, weaving and theatrical design. Amon drew inspiration from the cultural diversity of her homeland to realize the possibilities of this knowledge. She has applied this to all facets of her life.
Since her move to Ireland in 2000 she has created a multi-faceted brand and lifestyle....AMON...
Leone Amon is recognized as one of Ireland's most innovative and creative stylists with almost a decade of editorial, commercial and private work from the coasts of Africa to the shores of Ireland.
Essential tips for men on how to buy women what they want:
1. Have a peek in her underwear drawer to check out her size- it is unforgivable to buy the wrong size. If you're not 100% sure you'll get the size right, buy some chocolates instead!
2. Don't automatically go for red unless you're sure she'll wear it. If her underwear drawer is full of black, white, beige & grey, chances are she may not wear that scarlett thong you're holding in your hand.This sneak peak will also give you an idea of whether she will wear a thong, briefs or boy-shorts. If you feel she's daring, don't opt for full cut Sloggi pants but if your gal is fond only of boy-shorts, that thong won't go down so well.
3. Always buy a matching set and if you want to score extra brownie points, buy two pairs of bottoms as these get washed more often. If you're unsure of whether she'd prefer the French knickers or the thong, buy both.
4. Be sure that purchases can be exchanged- best to include the gift receipt in the box!
5. Don't be afraid to ask for help from a sales assistant but never ask them to try things on for you!!
6. Steer well clear of underwear that offers "tummy control" or any suck in help- this is a total insult. Whilst us women are perfectly entitled to buy those things for ourselves, it's a total no no for our men to imply that we need them!!
7. If you're unsure of whether she'd wear an underwired or padded bra, go back and take another sneak peak in her underwear drawer- majority will rule.
8. If all else fails, buy a gift certificate and suggest she pick something nice for herself- that way you can be guaranteed the size, colour and style will all be to her liking!
Basque, €55, M&S
Bottoms, €14.50, M&S
Suspenders, €15, M&S
Cardigan, €24, Princess Tam Tam
Bra, €16.50, Arnotts
Bottoms, €12, Arnotts
Shorts, €24, Arnotts
Silk gown, €198, Susan Hunter
Chemise, € 70, Princess Tam Tam
Bra, €27.50, Fayreform
Bottoms, €14.50, Fayreform
Dressing gown, €7, Penneys
Bra, €45, Arnotts
Suspender belt, €80, Arnotts
Bottoms, 30, Arnotts
Tights, €12, All Topshop
Corset, €42.50, Debenhams
Silk shorts, €80, Susan Hunter
Bottoms, €15, Debenhams
Gown, €39, Debenhams
BUT.. if Lingerie on Valentine's day just doesn't push your buttons:- here are a few options that A. would score major brownie points as a gift for her ladyship or B. are just a super treat for any lovely lady out there who would like to buy something nice for themselves!
1. The "Slanket"
A blanket with sleeves, this is a seriously cool new product that allows you to snuggle up on the couch but still have the use of your hands, without getting cold. Available online from www.theslanket.com they retail at $44.95 or roughly €35.00. This is a gift that any cold boned lady will love their partner for. Or perhaps you might just want to treat yourself! For delivery outside the US go to www.prezziesplus.com. Delivery from UK is cheaper than from the USA.
2. To celebrate the Valentine season what could be more perfect than a deliciously wicked and indulgent cupcake?
Iced Queens, Dublin's most fabulous creators of home baked, hand iced cupcakes have designed a special Valentines collection exclusively for Brown Thomas Dublin. Using only the finest ingredients - fresh raspberries, natural citrus zests, Belgian chocolate, free range eggs and Irish butter, each cupcake is beautifully decorated with delicious butter cream icing and finished with edible hearts.
Iced Queen cupcakes will be available in gift boxes containing four flavours of cupcakes, priced from €15. Available exclusively in Brown Thomas Dublin until Saturday February 14th.
3. If you can't be with your loved one this Valentines or maybe you just want to surprise them with a quirky greeting, why not include a "talking tag" in your card. Priced at €11 and available from www.gifts.ie you can record a personal message on the tag and include it in your loved ones card, whether they're just at work for the day or out of town.
01 888 0500
01 805 0400
01 814 7200
Marcs and Spensers
St Sephen's Green
01 679 1271
Westbury mall , D2
Peaches & Cream
01 670 8804
unit 24, Royal Hibernian Way, Dawson Street, D2
Live by Love