Programme 23: 18 April
Coming up on the show this week ex Westlife star, Mark Feehily will be in to talk about going solo in his music career and he will be performing his new single "Love is a Drug". Where in the World's Theresa Lowe and husband Frank McNamara will be in talk about life since leaving the spotlight. Brendan will be talking to Professor Donal O' Se about the obesity problem in Ireland and what he thinks could be the best way to tackle it, we'll also be meeting two women who have battled with obesity. Singer- songwriter Mundy will be in to perform his new single "Shot in the Dark".
Also would you also be able to put the following on our webpage as well under the competition tab:
We are once again teaming up with the John Murray show to find the best new talent the country has to offer. You can be any genre of music.... but you have to be a NEW or unsigned act. Go to our website or the John Murray show website for further details. Deadline for entries is Friday the 1st of May.
Saturday Night Show / John Murray Show Emerging Music Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
- It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock 'n' roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
- A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
- The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
- How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
- What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered - no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
- Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3'30" in duration.
- Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
- Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.