Programme 27: 16 May
Coming up on the show this week, we'll be celebrating the life of the great broadcaster, Derek Davis with some of his colleagues and friends. David McSavage will be in to tell us how he got on as a stage actor and what his plans are for the future. Three athletes, Ellen Keane, Luke Evans and Sean Baldwin, who have set their sights on gold in the Rio Paralympics, will be in to talk to Brendan. Master of Holles Street, Dr Rhona Mahony will be talking about the responsibility of running one of the busiest maternity hospitals in Ireland. Music will be performed by Donegal sisters The Henry Girls who will be singing "So Long but Not Goodbye.
Saturday Night Show / John Murray Show Emerging Music Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
- It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock 'n' roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
- A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
- The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
- How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
- What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered - no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
- Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3'30" in duration.
- Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
- Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.