Programme 28: 30 May
Coming up on our last ever show we'll be meeting the "real" Oliver Callan. Blur's Alex James will be in to talk about the band's fantastic new album ahead of their headline gig at Electric Picnic. Dylan McGrath will be in to talk about his extraordinary journey from West Belfast to Japan and beyond and he will be talking about his new restaurant 'Taste'. John Lyons TD and his mother Josie Lyons will be in to talk about how a video of Josie talking about her son coming out grabbed the nation last week. We also have lots of entertainment from a street performer called Mr Toons, to music by The Willis Clan, SOAK and the winner's of The John Murray Show, Louth band Third Smoke
Saturday Night Show / John Murray Show Emerging Music Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
- It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock 'n' roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
- A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
- The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
- How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
- What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered - no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
- Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3'30" in duration.
- Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
- Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.