Trevor Thornton (Team Thornton)
Trevor is extremely meticulous in the kitchen, probably as a result of his training as an engineer. This 31 year old from Mullingar thinks in macro details about every element of the dish and has been known to spend several hours alone on a garnish.
Trevor's ultimate fantasy is to open his own cafe and if successful eventually turn it into a restaurant. His fastidious attention to detail and keen competitive spirit means that someday there could be a new Thornton's Restaurant with a Michelin star.
After winning his Heat Trevor spent every free minute planning and plotting for thesemi final and it paid off. Now his ambition from the start of becoming HEAT Champion is only one step away!
Click on the links below to read any of Trevor's previous recipes...
- Homemade Tartlet with Wild mushrooms and Baby Leeks topped with Hollandaise Sauce
- Pan Seared Scallops with Butternut Squash Velouté, Cep Ravioli and a Parmesan Crisp
- Puff pastry tartlet with buffalo mozzarella, plum Tomatoes and basil pesto
- Scallops, Pea Puree with Mint Vinaigrette
- Slow Braised Lamb Shanks on a bed of Colcannon Mash with Pan Roasted Root Vegetables
- Fillet of Pan Fried Halibut served with a Creamy Pea Risotto
- Tournedos of Fillet Beef, with seared Foie Gras, Pomme Maxime and Madeira Jus
- Free range chicken with fondant potato, glazed shallots and a tarragon veloutè
- Wild Sea Bass with herb potato and fennel ribbons served with a chervil beurre blanc
- Crème Brûlée with Langues de Chat
- Little Chocolate Box
- Panna Cotta with Roasted Rhubarb and a Shortcake Biscuit
- Lemon Cream Tart with Raspberry Sorbet