Programme 8: Heat Final
Tuesday 14 April 2009
The final has arrived! From hundreds and hundreds of applicants the amateurs were whittled down to 20 wannabe's who have been put through some of the most gruelling challenges they could imagine. From the white hot HEAT kitchen to cooking for expert judges, these chefs have proven their worth and truly earned their place in the final. Only two remain, Patricia George and Trevor Thornton.
For the final they return to the HEAT restaurant one last time and will be expected to cook the meals of their lives. And just to add on some extra pressure, there will be some well known faces in the restaurant. Who will stand the HEAT, and who will become HEAT Champion 2009?
- Leek and Potato Soup with wild mushrooms and truffle oil froth
- Terrine of Foie Gras
- Puff pastry tartlet with buffalo mozzarella, plum Tomatoes and basil pesto
- Scallops, Pea Puree with Mint Vinaigrette
- Sea Food Gratin
- Free range chicken with fondant potato, glazed shallots and a tarragon veloutè
- Wild Sea Bass with herb potato and fennel ribbons served with a chervil beurre blanc