Reasons to Get Your Own Allotment
- Grow your own food – be in control of what chemicals are used etc.
- Save on your pockets - seeds are cheap or you can get cuttings from friends or neighbours
- Get your kids eating vegetables – they will be more interested in tasting it if they have grown it themselves!
- Get fresh air and gentle exercise
- Stress release – calming space, unwind at the allotment
- Sociable – meet other growers or make it a family affair
- Ideal for novice gardeners – get tips from the other more experienced growers
- Environmentally friendly – grow your own and cut down on air miles on imported fruit and vegetables