- Butter – 110gr
- Caster Sugar – 110gr
- Egg – 50gr
- Plain Flour – 50gr
- Wholemeal Flour 50gr
- Baking Powder – 5gr
- Chopped Nuts -50gr
- Mixed Spice – 3gr
- Grated Carrots – 75gr
- Cream Cheese
- Icing Sugar – 175gr
- Lemon Juice – 5gr
- Place Butter and Caster Sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together
- Add the egg to above and whisk well together.
- Sift the Baking Powder, Wholemeal Flour and Plain Flour together and gently fold into above.
- Mix Chopped Nuts, Mixed Spice and Grated Carrots together and add to mixture – fold in well.
- Deposit the batter into baking parchment lined baking shapes (1lb size)
- Bake at 170º C for 50 to 60 minutes.
- For the Icing , place the Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar and Lemon Juice in a mixing bowl and beat well together. When the cake is cool pipe or spread the icing on top.
Thanks to The Baking Academy of Ireland.