In particular I’m obsessed with chicken wings dunked in a blue cheese dip YUM. There are a couple of places in Dublin that make really good ones so I decided to try and make them myself.
If you wanna try cook them up yourselves here’s how to make them. It’s really simple!
STEP 1- INGREDIENTS
For the chicken wings you need:
- Chicken wings
- Chicken wing hot sauce 350ml (If you can find a sauce with a red hot buffalo wings flavour that works best)
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 table spoons of butter
For the Blue cheese sauce you need:
- 1.5 Table spoons of Blue cheese (Cashel Blue is my fave)
- Juice of ½ a Lemon juice
- 1 table spoon of Mayonnaise
- Table spoon of sour cream
I use those measurements when I cook my wings but change the recipe to suit yourself…. You know what you like.
NB – You should always get your mam or dad to help you around the kitchen, especially around the oven.
STEP 2 – HOW TO
- Pop the chicken wings into the preheated oven for 20 to 30mins. While they’re cooking you can get working on your chicken wing sauce.
- Put the hot chicken wing sauce into a saucepan and turn the hob on a medium heat. Add all the butter so it melts in and then add the cayenne pepper and the paprika to taste- I normally add about a teaspoon of each. Leave it simmer until your chicken wings are nicely brown then drizzle your chicken wing sauce on top. Then pop the wings back in the oven for another 5 mins, this’ll help the wings get nice and sticky…OHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH that’s the good stuff!
- For the Blue cheese dip, get a spoon and mash up the blue cheese and add the mayo together. It should turn out like a paste then add the lemon juice and the sour cream. I also like some celery with them, what a meal.