- Strong Flour – 470gr
- Salt – 5gr
- Butter (softened) – 35gr
- Milk (30ºC) – 225gr
- Caster Sugar – 10gr
- Egg (medium) – 50gr
- Yeast (dried) – 10gr
- Place flour and salt in mixing bowl and mix together.
- Add the butter to flour and mix in by hand
- Mix milk, egg, sugar and yeast together using a hand whisk.
- Add liquid to mixing bowl and combine all ingredients together.
- Empty out onto work top and knead for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the kneaded dough in the mixing bowl, cover with a plastic bag and set aside to ferment for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and mould into round balls.
- Using both hands roll each ball out into a rope about 25cm long.
- Make 2 x 3 string plaits. Place on a baking parchment papered baking tray.
- Egg wash well and set aside until fully risen (about 35-40 minutes)
- Bake at 200ºC for 25 minutes
Thanks to The Baking Academy of Ireland.