Ultravox's 1981 hit Vienna has topped a new poll of the best songs from the 1980s.
The Press Association reports that the listener poll for UK digital radio station Absolute 80s saw Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer in second place and Frankie Goes to Hollywood's Relax in third.
In 1981, Vienna was denied the Number One spot in the UK singles chart by Joe Dolce's novelty hit Shaddap You Face.
Commenting on Vienna's top ranking in the new UK poll, Ultravox frontman Midge Ure said: "Of all the records, all the great records that were out during the Eighties, for that to come top of the heap is just wonderful news."
Ure continued: "In hindsight, to have something that has lasted that amount of time in people's minds and hearts, it's just great. There is a bonus about being at the number two spot for five or six weeks, the record keeps selling. So, we're not going to cry on the way to the bank. It was absolutely fine."
The Absolute 80s Top 10
1) Ultravox - Vienna
2) Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
3) Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
4) A-Ha - Take on Me
5) Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
6) New Order - Blue Monday
7) Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
8) Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
9) Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
10) Human League - Don't You Want Me