Tina Fey has denied rumours that there could be a Mean Girls sequel, despite Lindsay Lohan claiming she had been approached to star in the movie.
The 43-year-old comedic actress, who penned the original film, has denied that there is a follow up to Mean Girls in the works.
Lindsay Lohan was quoted as saying she had been approached by Fey to star in a sequel to celebrate the original movie's 10th anniversary, however Fey clarified what was really discussed to Access Hollywood.
The former Saturday Night Live star said: "[There's] definitely not a movie. It's just the anniversary is coming up, so everybody get your pink shirts. It's been 10 years. You can tell when you look at me it's been 10 years.''
She explained: ''I said to her [Lindsay], 'Oh, I think someone may call us about doing some kind of reunion because next month is the tenth anniversary of the movie.' And so really... if everyone's around we might try to do some kind of like panel discussion.
''But it's not like - it's not another movie. At most it would be like a panel discussion with a plate of hot wings.''