The cause of death of actor Cory Monteith has been revealed in Canada with tests confirming that there were drugs and alcohol in his system.
The British Columbia Coroner’s service said in its initial report that the star died of "mixed-drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol" according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 31-year-old star of Glee was found dead in his hotel room in Vancouver on July 13 after he failed to check out on time.
There were no other details revealed and the investigation is continuing before a full coroner’s report is issued.
The actor had previously spoken about his past issues with drugs and had in March had checked into a treatment facility for substance abuse.
It is not clear how Glee will deal with the death of Monteith which is due to return to screens in the Autumn for its fifth season. Filming had been due to resume later this month.
A representative for Monteith’s girlfriend and Glee co-star Lea Michele released a statement released to People saying: "Lea is deeply grateful for all the love and support she's received from family, friends, and fans. Since Cory's passing, Lea has been grieving alongside his family and making appropriate arrangements with them.
"They are supporting each other as they endure this profound loss together. We continue to ask the media to respect the privacy of Lea and Cory's family."