It has been confirmed that Bruce Forsythe will return for the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.
The 85-year-old entertainment legend had been rumoured to be stepping away from the BBC1 programme, but today he ended speculation with a statement.
Forsythe said: “After all the normal speculation, I’m doing it again, why not? But seriously, here’s hoping for another spectacular series.”
He will return alongside co-host Tess Daly when the show starts in September, however the will step back from three of the live shows rather than the usual one show he has missed in recent series.
Claudia Winkleman, who co-hosts the Sunday results show with Daly, will take his place again.
Mark Linsey, controller of entertainment commissioning said: “I’m delighted Bruce is back. He’s the life and soul of the Strictly party so it’s great news that we’ve managed to come up with a schedule that works for him and the show. Roll on September.”