FIFA review World Cup bid claims
Allegations surrounding the controversial 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding campaigns will be subjected to a "thorough review", FIFA's ethics investigator has stated.
A number of allegations have been made, including by former England 2018 bid leader Lord Triesman, plus claims about 2022 hosts Qatar who have always denied any wrongdoing.
Russia was awarded the 2018 tournament.
Ethics investigator Michael J Garcia has previously said he would look into the claims and this was reiterated on Thursday.
He said in a statement: "As has been publicly announced, certain allegations regarding events surrounding the bidding for the World Cup 2018 and 2022 were referred to the ethics committee by FIFA following media reports.
"We intend to conduct a thorough review of those allegations, including the evidentiary basis for and credibility of any allegations of individual misconduct."
The ethics committee will also report in March on its investigation into the payment of kickbacks to FIFA members by now-defunct marketing partner ISL.
"We intend to conduct a thorough review of those allegations, including the evidentiary basis for and credibility of any allegations of individual misconduct" - Michael J Garcia
A new whistleblower hotline is expected to become operational next month.