Champions Raheny United cemented themselves into a three-point lead over Peamount United in the Bus Éireann Women's National League with a 5-0 victory away to Cork Women's FC this afternoon.

It was a day of mixed emotions for Pandas striker Katie McCabe as she scored a second half hat-trick for her side before being taken away in an ambulance with a suspected broken leg..

Clare Conlon put the table-toppers into the lead in the 25th minute when a through ball finally allowed her to get a shot away against an ultra-defensive Cork.

The score-line remained 1-0 at the break, but there were goals galore in the second half as the hosts increased the tempo and proved too hot to handle for the Leesiders.

McCabe won the penalty for Raheny's second goal which Rebecca Creagh neatly placed beyond the reach of the goalkeeper.

Spectators in Bishopstown watched in admiration as McCabe scored a quick-fire hat-trick to put the game beyond Cork at 5-0, before the unfortunate injury which brought her afternoon to an abrupt end late on in the game.

Second placed Peamount were also victorious today as they beat Castlebar Celtic 5-2 in Greenogue.

An Aine O'Gorman goal gave the Peas a 1-0 lead early on but Emma Mullin netted a brace to put the westerners into a shock 2-1 lead at the interval.

However, a fantastic second-half turn-around by the hosts with two goals each for old reliables O'Gorman and Stephanie Roche ensured the three points stayed in the capital.

DLR Waves got in amongst the chasing pack with a nail-biting 3-2 victory over Galway WFC in Jackson Park.

Sharon Cullen put DLR into a 1-0 lead with a well taken goal in the opening exchanges of the game.

A mistake by DLR goalkeeper Avril Kilkelly gifted Galway's Sinéad Taylor with an equaliser shortly after going behind.

However, Larry Mahony's charges regained their lead just before the break when a strong wind carried Sylvia Gee's long range effort over the head of the Galway goalkeeper.

Sharon Cullen reaped the rewards of bravely diving into a fifty-fifty challenge with the Galway net-minder shortly after the restart. Cullen got her head onto the ball and watched it strike the crossbar, and she was the quickest to react to the rebound and fire DLR into a 3-1 lead.

Taylor slotted home a second goal for the visitors in the 80th minute to make for a nervy last ten minutes, but DLR goalkeeper Kilkelly made amends for her mistake in the build-up to Galway's first goal by pulling off some incredible saves late on to secure the win.

Elsewhere, a second-half Maria Delahunty goal was enough to earn Wexford Youths a vital 1-0 win at the expense of lowly Shamrock Rovers in Ferrycarrig Park.