Reigning champions Peamount United suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to Wexford Youths Women's AFC as 14 goals were spread across just three games in the second round of fixtures in the Bus Éireann Women's National League Cup.

Raheny United came from two goals behind in an eight-goal thriller at Castlebar Celtic to draw 4-4 and take a well deserved point back to the capital, while DLR Waves bounced back from a heavy first round defeat against Peamount to hammer Cork Women's FC 5-0 in Stepaside.

The poor weather took its toll on one fixture with the postponement of the game between Shamrock Rovers and Galway WFC.

The best of the action was in Castlebar where Aileen Gilroy put Castlebar 1-0 ahead in the 25th minute before Katie Walsh doubled their lead ten minutes later.

Raheny refused to sit back and showed great determination to fight back and make it 2-2 at the break.

Katie McCabe scored the visitors' first after cutting inside from the left wing and firing into the top right-hand corner of the net.

Clare Shine made it level pegging a couple of minutes later in a similar fashion to McCabe's first, displaying some skilful footwork in the process.

Player-of-the-match Emma Hansberry restored the lead for Castlebar with a fine individual goal after the restart, however, Raheny levelled shortly after through a Rebecca Creagh penalty to make it 3-3.

Raheny were reduced to ten players when Pearl Slattery was shown a second yellow card in the 70th minute.

Despite the setback the Dubliners went in search of all three points, and looked certain to be going home victorious when Claire Shine lobbed the goalkeeper with only two minutes remaining.

However, Hansberry managed to make it 4-4 in the dying seconds with a fantastic finish into the bottom-left corner of the goal.

Just a single goal was enough for Wexford Youths to bag a victory at Peamount in a surprise victory for the Model County side.

Amy Walsh netted the goal for Wexford just on the stroke of half-time and they carried that 1-0 lead into the break.

Cork Women's FC brought in some new recruits to their starting line-up yet again, but their long winless season continues as they suffered a second half mauling away to DLR Waves.

After a delayed kick-off, Cork held their own to go in 0-0 at the interval but Sylvia Gee and Kim Turner scored in the 55th and 65th to put DLR 2-0 ahead.

Waves began to dominate the game as Cork ran out of steam and Michelle Dunne, Carla Moran and Aoife Maloney got on the scoresheet to make it 5-0 to the Dubliners.

Group 1

Castlebar Celtic Women's 4-4 Raheny United

Shamrock Rovers P-P Galway Women's FC

Group 2

Peamount United 0-1 Wexford Youths Women's AFC

DLR Waves 5-0 Cork Women's FC