Two brilliant goals from Kieran 'Marty' Waters helped Bray record their first win on Cork soil in 26 years after a deserved 3-1 Airtricity League Premier Division victory at Turner's Cross. 

The vistors were in front after just two minutes, John Mulroy swept home a shot from close range.

Cork were level in the 47th minute when Ian Turner's cross was finished to the net by fellow midfielder Gearoid Morrissey.

But Bray struck a brilliant second goal, Waters belting home a powerful shot to the roof of the Cork net on 67 minutes, before adding another to clinch the win. 

Pat Devlin's Bray side came to Leeside in confident mood, following a scoreless home draw with champions Sligo Rovers and an away victory at Shelbourne.

Cork's form had been erratic. Despite the previous week's away win against Bohemians, they had lost four of their previous seven league outings.

Tommy Dunne's side had defeated the club from Wicklow less than three weeks ago, with two late goal at the Carlisle Grounds.

This was their re-arranged match as the original fixture in early March was rained off, with Cork on the road to Bray at the time.

The visitors took the lead when Ismahil Akinade showed great pace on the right hand side of the penalty area, making space and shooting powerfully at goal. 

Home goalkeeper Mark McNulty made a fine diving save, but the ball broke to Mulroy who fired home from eight yards, for his fourth league goal of the season. 

The home side responded well.

A Danny Murphy free kick was headed across goal by Colin Healy for 19-year-old Danny Morrissey to power a header which was punched off the line by Bray goalkeeper Darren Quigley.

The Seasiders were always dangerous on the break, with their 4-5-1 formation quickly switching to an attacking 4-3-3, and they almost went two goals in front on 27 minutes.

A good cross from Waters was side footed just off target by Mulroy from just six yards.

Cork were back in the match just after the break.

Turner broke on the right and picked out Gearoid Morrissey, whose shot found the bottom corner of Quigley's net. 

But then came the historic match-winning goals.

Waters cut in from the right, drifting past home defenders, before his powerful shot flew over McNulty into the roof of the home net in the 67th minute.

The flying attacker then struck his second and Bray's third in the 90th minute,this time showning pace on the left and shooting past McNulty from 15 yards. 

Cork City: Mark McNulty;John Dunleavy, Dan Murray, Kalen Spillane, Danny Murphy; Ian Turner(D Horgan 74), Shane Duggan, Colin Healy, Gearòid Morrissey; Denis Behan(Danny Furlong 74), Danny Morrissey (Daryl Kavanagh 65).

Subs not used: Darren Dennehy, Neal Horgan, Garry Buckley, Kevin  Burns.

Bray Wanderers: Darren Quigley; Daire Doyle, Dave Webster, Shane O'Connor, Conor Earley; Ismahil Akinad (Pender 90), John Mulroy, Gary Dempsey, Dean Zambra, Kieran Waters; Jason Byrne.

Subs not used: Kevin Knight, Paul Moffatt, Peter Thomas, Sean Hurley, Adan Cox, Sean Holmes.

Referee. Padraigh Sutton (Clare).