Davy Wall fired Limerick 37 into the third round draw as his sixty-third minute goal denied Wexford Youths in this FAI Ford Cup first round replay at the Wexford Youths Complex.

While Wexford Youths warmed home supporters with a dominant opening forty-five minutes but they failed to break the deadlock despite creating a number of chances.

Wexford Youths had plenty of possession as Conor Sinnott and Joey Malone were winning the  midfield battle, so much so that the visitors only managed one single effort on goal during that opening half.

Wexford Youths created two chances inside the opening five minutes, the first just three minutes in when keeper Dave Ryan got down to a low Liam O'Loughlin cross to deny the inrushing Paul Malone.

Two minutes later Malone was once again in the thick of the action. This time O'Loughlin headed a Joey Wadding cross into his path, but unfortunately for Malone having lobbed the keeper the ball just went over the top.

Unfortunately for the home side they were unable to make their pressure pay off, with Limerick 37 managing to lift the siege to build their first real attack of the game, twenty-four minutes in, but Davy Wall saw his rising twenty-five metre effort flash just over the crossbar.

Limerick 37 began to come more into the game as Anthony Hayes began to win more central midfield possession but they showed little creativity up front.

Wexford created a further chance close to the break, but Liam O'Loughlin having beaten keeper Ryan with a cross shot saw his effort just flash the wrong side of the left hand post, leaving it 0-0 at half-time.

Both sides spurned chances during the opening five minutes on the resumption, Joey Wadding pulling his shot wide from close in, after forty-six minutes, while three minutes later at the opposite end , Davy Wall powered in a twenty-five metre shot which took a deflection but goalkeeper Jason Russell affected a fine save.

Limerick 37 began to create more chances with Joey Maloney miscasting a sixty-second minute Peter McCarthy cross from in front of goal. However, one minute later they took the lead, when Kevin Waters floated in a rising corner which was brilliantly headed downwards into the corner of the net by Wall, the only visitor's player to threaten to score.

The home side came close to equalising on seventy minutes, but Stuart Lawlor saw his header from a Sinnott corner headed off the line by Anthony Hayes with keeper Ryan well beaten.

Limerick 37 having broken the deadlock put up the shutters for the closing fifteen minutes frustrating Wexford Youth who were denied a first cup victory.

Wexford Youths: J Russell, Rossiter, Lawlor, O'Loughlin (Kelly 76), A Russell, Malone, Wadding, flynn-O'Connor, Miller, Sinnott, Murphy (Colfer 81).

Limerick 37: Ryan, White, Molan (Danaher 19), Finucane, Purcell, Hayes, Maloney, Wall, Cosgrave (Sheehan 86), Watters, Moran (McCarthy 6).

Referee: D Deady.