Luis Suarez is prepared to face the intense scrutiny that awaits him once he is allowed to play competitive football for Barcelona.
The former Liverpool striker was banned for four months after biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in Brazil, and will not be available to play for his new club until October 25.
In an interview on www.fcbarcelona.com, Suarez spoke about the pressures that await him on his return.
He said: "I am calm in that respect because in England I experienced that and I have accepted it.
"I got accustomed to playing with that type of pressure. It's not really pressure but rather a lot of eyes on you.
"I will have to get accustomed and more so now that I am in the best team in the world and there will be more people watching me than before.
"Especially after what happened, I have to be cautious, assume my responsibility and be intelligent."
Suarez was handed a severe punishment, which also included a nine-match ban from international football with Uruguay and a £66,000 fine, as he had bitten two other players earlier in his career, having served bans while playing for Ajax and Liverpool.
Suarez, who made his first appearance for Barca against Leon FC in the Joan Gampher trophy last month, is eager to make his La Liga debut.
"The truth is that I suffer a lot," he said. "I have been suspended for many games and I am still out for a few more.
"You really feel helpless not to be able to do anything, (on the stands) you can only talk and shout. This is all I can do right now and I have to accept it."
Suarez is, however, thankful that he has been allowed to train with the rest of his team-mates after an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) saw the harshest elements of his ban removed without shortening the time-scale.
"To be able to tell my children that I am going to work gives me peace of mind," he said. "I have returned to feeling like a footballer."