Derry City are out of the Europa League after losing 3-0 to Trabzonspor at the Brandywell, going out of the competition 7-2 on aggregate in the second qualifying round.

The Candystripes held the visitors scoreless until the 56th minute when Paulo Henrique capitalised on a defensive mistake by Derry. 

Henrique got his second with eight minutes to play and substitute Abdulkadir Ozdemir added a third in injury time. 

Declan Devine again started with Davy McDaid up front on his own, but Ryan McBride came into the starting line-up replacing Barry McNamee who dropped to the bench.

As for Trabzonspor, they started with the same team that won last week's first leg.

The home side started the brighter and they nearly had a half chance on six minutes, but Olcan Adin did well to deny Simon Madden a certain goal, after Trabzonspor keeper Onur Kivrak had only half cleared Ryan McBride's initial left-wing centre.

It was the Airtricity League side who created another opening on 30 minutes when Eoghan Osbourne's teasing left-wing cross found midfielder Ruaidhri Higgins, but his header from close range was saved by Kivrak.

Trabzonspor had a glorious chance to take the lead right on the stroke of half-time when Henrique played a teasing defence-splitting pass to release Volkan Sen, but his sidefooted effort was parried by the out-rushing Gerard Doherty and Simon Madden got back onto the line to make sure the loose ball didn't cross the line.

A right-wing corner by Paddy Kavanagh on 54 minutes, which was floated to the back post, found Higgins, but his looping header was pushed over the bar by Kivrak.

Within a minute the tie was effectively ended when the visitors took the lead in somewhat fortunate circumstances.

As the ball bounced around in the penalty box the unfortunate Madden only managed to slide the ball away from the out-rushing Doherty and into Henrique's path and he calmly side footed home into the empty net.

That goal sparked Trabzonspor into life and they went close to adding a second when McBride did well to clear virtually on his goal-line, before substitute Demir narrowly headed wide from close range.

Soon after, Higgins delivered into the six yard box, but fortunately for Trabzonspor, striker Davy McDaid couldn't turn the ball home.

Akcay's side showed some slick counter-attacking football to score a second on 82 minutes when the always dangerous Sen broke clear down the left before feeding Henrique and he made no mistake firing past a stranded Doherty.

Substitute Ozdemir wrapped things up when he drilled home a third goal in stoppage time, after Sen's clever cut-back had picked out the midfielder on the edge of the box.

Derry City: Doherty, Madden, Greacen, S McEleney, Osbourne; P McEleney (McNamee 63), Molloy, McBride (Houston 79), Higgins, Kavanagh (Duffy 73); McDaid.

Trabzonspor: Kivark, Sen, Mierzejewski (Aydogdu 83); Henrique, Akgun, Colman (Ozdemir H-T), Yumlu, Kacar (Demir H-T), Celustka, Yavru, Adin.

Referee: Michael Lerjeus (Sweden)