The Emirates Racing Authority has requested written reasons and a transcript of Pat Cosgrave's appeal hearing after the jockey was successful in his application to the British Horseracing Authority to not reciprocate the four-month ban he incurred in Dubai.
Cosgrave, 32, was initially handed a six-month suspension by the ERA following his performance on the Mike de Kock-trained Anaerobio at Meydan in March.
The rider was adjudged to have moved his mount off the rail in the straight to allow stablemate Vercingetorix through on the inside to win the Group One Jebel Hatta, with Anaerobio eventually third.
Cosgrave's ban was reduced to four months following an appeal to the ERA in May.
The jockey asked the BHA not to impose the suspension, which was due to expire on 16 July in Britain, and had been free to ride until the hearing on Tuesday morning.
John Zucal, chief steward for the ERA, is now awaiting the reasoning why the BHA chose not to reciprocate the ban.
Zucal said: "I have got the decision of the BHA and I have asked for reasons and a transcript of the hearing, which I am sure I will get.
"Apart from that, I won't be making a comment as I think it is inappropriate from a personal, and an ERA, point of view.
"We shall let the dust settle first."
Last October, the BHA also refused to reciprocate a 56-day riding ban given to Martin Dwyer by the Royal Western India Turf.
Robin Mounsey, media manager of the BHA, said: "BHA's starting position was set out in the rules of racing which state that penalties imposed by overseas recognised racing authorities will be reciprocated, a position which is echoed by the International Agreement.
"However it has also been established in previous cases in regards to reciprocation that a suspension should not be reciprocated if, for example, the panel believe that the relevant disciplinary and appeal processes followed were procedurally unfair or did not accord with the relevant racing authority's rules.
"Decisions on reciprocation are formally delegated to the disciplinary panel.
"We cannot comment further on the decision until we have the panel's full reasons."
Cosgrave was represented at the BHA's High Holborn offices on Tuesday by Graeme McPherson QC, who said: "I'm delighted for Pat to carry on riding.
"These cases are never straightforward, but we felt there were enough prospects to make the application in the first place. The panel obviously agreed.
"I saw him immediately after the hearing and he was understandably very happy."
Cosgrave's agent Nicky Adams said the BHA's decision was a welcome boost ahead of Royal Ascot next week.
He said: "It's a big relief. The season has been on hold for him, really, although he has been riding the past few weeks. He didn't really know where he stood.
"The trainers have been good, though, and very supportive of him.
"I'm sure it's a big weight off his shoulders, it's onwards and upwards know, he won't have it hanging over him any longer.
"With Ascot just around the corner it has come at just the right time as he's got a couple of nice rides lined up there."