Meath’s Tim McNulty (Subaru WRC) and co-driver by Paul Kiely, continued their dominance of the Dunlop National Rally Championship with victory in the Hotel Kilmore Cavan Rally, the fourth round of the series.
They finished 24 seconds ahead of the Skoda Fabia S2000 of Robert Barrable and Damien Connolly with Niall Maguire and Enda Sherry (Subaru WRC) a further 25 seconds behind in third.
The Group N category was won by Sam Moffett/James O’Reilly (Mitsubishi) and the two-wheel drive award was won by Damien Gallagher/Mac Walsh (Ford Escort).
1. T. McNulty/P. Kiely (Subaru WRC) 1h. 00m. 33s.
2. R. Barrable/D. Connolly (Skoda Fabia S2000) 1h. 00m. 57s.
3. N. Maguire/E. Sherry (Subaru WRC) 1h. 01m. 22s.
4. K. Barrett/S. Mullally (Subaru WRC) 1h. 02m. 19s.
5. S. Leonard/J. McCafferty (Subaru WRC) 1h. 02m. 54s
6. L. McCarthy/R. McSweeney (Toyota Corolla WRC) 1h. 04m. 15s.
7. S. Moffett/J. O’Reilly (Mitsubishi) 1h. 04m. 33s.
8. D. Gallagher/M. Walsh (Ford Escort) 1h. 04m. 35s.
9. T. Bustard/K. Bustard (Mitsubishi) 1h. 05m. 04s.
10. M. Conlon/A. Boyle (Ford Escort) 1h. 05m. 13s.
Dunlop National Rally Championship (Provisional positions after Round 4)
1. T. McNulty 80pts.
2. R. Barrable 52pts.
3. L. McCarthy 48pts.
4. K. Barrett 42pts.
5. S. Moffett 36pts.
6. N. Maguire 35pts;