/ Motorsport

Robert Kubica will continue comeback to motorsport with two rally events later this month

Updated: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012 14:13 | Comments

Robert Kubica will continue his comeback to motorsport 18 months after the accident that caused severe arm and leg injuries
Robert Kubica will continue his comeback to motorsport 18 months after the accident that caused severe arm and leg injuries

Robert Kubica will drive a Citroen rally car in two events in France and Italy this month, the French manufacturer have confirmed.

Citroen said the former BMW-Sauber and Renault F1 driver would drive a C4 WRC car, similar to one that took Sebastien Loeb to many of his nine world titles, in the Rally di Como from 15 November and the Rallye du Var in France on the following weekend.

Kubica, 27, has not driven a Formula One car since his near-fatal accident in February of last year which left him with severe arm and leg injuries.

However he won two minor rallies in Italy in September and has competed in the Rally du Var twice previously.

"I can't wait to drive a car that is quick and has been as successful as the C4 WRC," said the Pole in a statement.

"Rallying is one of my favourite forms of motorsport."

The Pole, a good friend of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, said in September he was still hoping to return to Formula One and would not give up even if he might never be at the same physical level as before.

User contributions and/or comments do not, unless specifically stated, represent the views of RTÉ.ie or RTÉ.
Click here for Terms of use
Powered by NewsWhip