The Madeira Islands Open has been reduced to 36 holes after yet more weather problems blighted the European Tour's 1,500th official event.
No play at all was possible on Thursday due to fog and more delays on Friday meant the tournament had already been reduced to three rounds.
A further reduction to 36 holes was then announced following another suspension of play on Saturday morning.
The afternoon starters were told they would not begin their second rounds on Saturday, including Scotland's Scott Henry, who holds the clubhouse lead after completing a five-under-par 67 on Friday.
And after play was suspended for the day it was announced that a cut to the top 65 players and ties would take place after the first round had been completed on Sunday.
Henry holds a one-shot lead over English pair Daniel Brooks and Lloyd Kennedy, who both returned rounds of 68, with Spain's Antonio Hortal also four under with two holes to play.
Ireland's David Higgins hit a level-par 72, with Peter Lawrie and Gareth Shaw one over.
Dara Ford is one-over-par after 12 holes and Ruiadhri McGee is three-over after 12.
Kevin Phelan struggled to a six-over par 78 which included three double-bogeys.
Tournament director Jose Maria Zamora said: "Due to the very long delays throughout this tournament, a decision was made to reduce the tournament to 36 holes, with a cut after 18 holes.
"We have made a decision which will give us the best possible chance of a satisfactory conclusion to what has been an extremely long and trying week for everyone so far.
"The European Tour's regulations state that it is at the tournament director's discretion to make a decision in order to ensure the conclusion to the tournament.
"We hope now that the weather will be more favourable and we can enjoy an exciting climax to The European Tour's 1,500th event."