Limerick did their Allianz HL Division 1B scoring difference no harm with a convincing 3-26 to 0-12 win over Antrim at the Gaelic Grounds.

Second-half goals from David Reilly, Sean Tobin and William Hickey wrapped up the win for Limerick, who had struggled to shake off a determined Antrim until the break.

With Conor Allis in from for the home side, they took a 0-11 to 0-6 lead at half-time, but an improved defensive display from TJ Ryan and Donal O'Grady's side after the restart laid the foundations for the big win.

Limerick made the most of the wind advantage in the first half and raced into a 0-4 to 0-0 lead by the fourth minute, with a pair of points from the sideline by Allis giving them a dream start.

But from there on, until the interval Antrim held their own and with Paul Shiels taking the majority of the scoring burden for Kevin Ryan's side they trailed by just five at the break.

Further points from Neil McManus and Shiels saw that deficit cut to four points by the 41st minute, but that was as close as Antrim got as Limerick hit the next six points to take control.

At this stage Allis kicked on a gear, but in the inside line Thomas O'Brien and Tommy Quaid also began to shine as a flagging Antrim gradually fell away from their hosts.

But the real insurance for Limerick arrived when first-half substitute David Reidy fired past Chris O'Connell to give Limerick a 1-18 to 0-9 advantage by the 53rd minute.

Four minutes later Sean Tobin blasted to the net after great build-up play by Tommy Quaid for Limerick's second goal to give his side a 2-19 to 0-10 lead, as Antrim seemed to throw in the towel somewhat.

Thomas Ryan was superb for Limerick in the second-half and got his reward with a pair of late scores before Hickey goaled moments after his introduction three minutes from the final whistle to seal the convincing win for Limerick.

Limerick: N Quaid; S Walsh, T Condon, M Carmody; P O'Brien (0-01), W McNamara (0-02), G O'Mahony; T Ryan (0-04), P Browne; C Allis (0-11, 0-6 frees), J Ryan (0-01), D O'Grady (0-01); S Tobin (1-03), T Quaid (0-01), T O'Brien (0-02).

Substitutes: D Reidy (1-00) for O'Grady (21 mins), D Morrissey for O'Mahony, P O'Loughlin for Walsh (both 61 mins), W Hickey (1-00) for Browne, M Ryan for T Quaid (both 66 mins).

Antrim: C O'Connell; C McGuinness, C McKinley, M Bradley; C Johnson, N McAuley (0-01), O McFadden; N McManus (0-01), M McFadden; P Shiels (0-07, 0-3 frees), C Carson, N McKenna (0-01); D McKernan, D Hamill (0-01), C Clarke (0-01).

Substitutes: E Campbell for McFadden, N Elliot for Clarke (both half-time), B McFall for McFadden (40-43 blood), B McFall for McGuinness (43 mins), J McGreevy for McFadden (50 mins), C Johnson for McKenna (55 mins).

Referee: Barry Kelly (Westmeath).