Kildare maintained their unbeaten run with an away 2-11 to 0-10 victory over Longford at Glennon Brothers Pearse Park.

The Lilywhites led by 1-07 to 0-05 at half-time, with the visitors’ goal coming from Eoghan O’Flaherty at the end of the opening quarter.

All five of Longford’s first half points came from play, with Mark Hughes, Diarmuid Masterson, Liam Connerton, Robbie Smyth and Barry McKeon on target.

Just four points separated the sides as the game entered it’s final ten minute minutes, but then Kildare kicked on.

Tommy Moolick netted their second goal and Mark Donnellan pulled off a penalty save on the way to ensuring maximum league points.

Offaly secured the only home win of the day in the Division with a 1-13 to 0-14 win over Sligo in O’Connor Park, Tullamore.

The hosts worked hard in the second half to take a slender victory over a determined Sligo side.

The Faithful County shaded a 1-06 to 0-08 interval lead, with Nigel Bracken netting a goal near the break.

Sligo worked hard through Mark Breheny, Pat Hughes and Niall Murphy.

Although Offaly were reduced to 14 men, following the dismissal of Niall McNamee on a second yellow card, they maintained their composure, with a brace of late scores, including one from Bernard Allen to take a two-point win.

Clare always looked good as they claimed a 1-14 to 0-11 win over Limerick in Newcastlewest.

The visitors never trailed this game, and were full value for their 0-09 to 0-03 interval lead, with David Tubridy firing five first half points.

Goalkeeper Brian Scanlon, Seanie Buckley and Ian Ryan claimed Limerick’s scores, but they had a lot of work to do on the restart.

Clare pushed 0-12 to 0-03 in front, before Limerick mounted a comeback with Danny Neville, Ryan and McSweeney among their scorers.

Limerick cut the gap to five points with 12 minutes remaining, but Gary Brennan fired Clare’s lone goal late on, on the way to a six-point victory.

A late equaliser from Alan Maloney ensured a share of the spoils in Cusack Park, Mullingar, with a 1-08 to 0-11 draw between Tipperary and Westmeath.

Westmeath led by 0-11 to 1-06 with three minutes remaining, but a tight finish ensued, before the sides eventually shared the spoils.

Earlier the sides were tied on four occasions, including at 1-02 to 0-05 at half-time, with Robbie Kelly netting Tipperary’s goal.