Kildare chairman John McMahon is adamant their SFC Round 3 qualifier with Tyrone will go ahead in Newbridge.
Speaking to RTÉ Sport, he said: "This time of the year, counties that are fortunate enough to be still in [the] Championship, and especially those like ourselves who are going through the qualifier round have 70 minutes left to keep their season alive."
With a capacity of just 7,500 in St Clonleth's Park, there were suggestions that the game would be moved to a larger ground, but McMahon said they will be staying in Kildare.
"We were fortunate to get our home draw and we are very, very confident that we can carry this game in Newbridge.
"Everybody wants to retain what they call 'home advantage', including the team, including the county board, and also for our supporters to stay and retain whatever advantage we can,” he said.
"It’s not all about finance" - John McMahon
Last year, St Conleth’s Park had a capacity of just 6,000 and the Lilywhites' third round qualifier with Limerick was moved to Portlaoise.
McMahon said: “Each ground, no matter how big or how small it is, will have the capacity imposed on it and we have to work, and are working very successfully with our new figure of 7,500.
While he admitted a move to a larger ground would generate a small financial benefit, he said: “It’s not all about finance, it is to keep [the team] in the competition.
“Finance plays a huge important role in Kildare, as indeed every county, [but] it all doesn’t hinge on finance, it’s about keeping your team in the competition.
"That’s what the team and in this case the senior footballers work for, not just for this year for years to attain the highest honours," he added.
Live television coverage of Kildare v Tyrone from 18:40 on Saturday 20 July on RTÉ Two and RTÉ.ie (Ireland only).