/ Cycling

Sinkewitz forced out of Tour

Updated: Monday, 16 Jul 2007 13:05

Sinkewitz forced out of Tour

German Patrik Sinkewitz has pulled out of the Tour de France with a broken nose and a shoulder injury after his collision with a spectator.

The T-Mobile rider was still in hospital on Monday, the team said.

Sinkewitz was hurt in a high-speed collision with a spectator as he rode to the team hotel after Sunday's eighth stage.
   
The spectator had been flown to Grenoble hospital in a serious condition, organisers said.
   
Following Sunday's withdrawals of Briton Mark Cavendish and Australian Michael Rogers, T-Mobile are now down to six men.
   
After a rest day on Monday the Tour resumes from Val d'Isere on Tuesday.