Wembley Stadium will host Carl Froch's defence of his IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles in a much-anticipated re-match with George Groves on 31 May.
The two Brits will meet in the first bout to be contested under the arch of the new Wembley Stadium after Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed the news on Tuesday morning.
Hearn had previously said he was looking for an 'audacious' venue to host the second meeting of Froch and Groves as Arsenal's Emirates Stadium and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff were also mooted.
Froch stopped Groves in the ninth round of their last contest but controversy followed with many experts suggesting referee Howard Foster stepped in when Groves was able to continue.
Nottingham-born Froch kept hold of his belts despite being knocked to the mat by Groves in the opening round but, earlier this year, the IBF ordered a re-match.
The decision will have given Wembley staff quite a headache as the stadium would need to be fit for purpose having hosted England's friendly against Peru just 24 hours earlier.
Froch, 36, said he was proud to be part of a fight at the new Wembley, labelling the announcement as "massive".
"For me to be involved in an event like this is a very proud moment," he told Sky Sports News.
"With it being in the capital city as well, it just makes the whole history of the event phenomenal. It's fantastic because Wembley Stadium's massive.
"What's it going to hold, potentially 70,000, 80? If we did sell that, that would be phenomenal.
"Talk about making history, to go to a stadium like Wembley for such a big boxing match. Everybody's interested and it needs to be held at a big stadium really."
Tickets for the fight go on sale on Monday and it will be telling from that point on whether Hearn's decision to plump for such a big venue was a wise move.