- Don't make your treasure hunt too difficult or your treasure might remain buried forever!
- But don't make it too easy or the game will be over too quickly
- Don't give too many hints! The fun is in the challenge.
- It is very useful to have a map of the area the hunters are meant to search; the back garden or a laneway or a playground. This will help them keep track of their location when they are searching.
- You should test that the clues lead on from one another in case you leave some out or put them in the wrong order.