- Cover a sheet of heavy cardboard in red paper.
- On this draw out a bike shape without any wheels or handles.
- Adults step: Cut the bike shape out.
- Cover another piece of card in black paper and draw out a circle for the wheel and cut this out. Repeat x1.
- Cut out a smaller circle from red card and stick to the middle of the wheel, Repeat x 1. Cut out strips of black card/foam and stick around the wheel for the spokes, Repeat x 1.
- Stick the two wheels to the frame of the bike.
- To make the handle bars (pen holder), cover a kitchen roll tube in black paper. Cut a small slit in the middle of the tube lengthways and slot it onto the frame of the bike.
- To make the basket in front, cover a cardboard box in black paper and stick to the handle bars. Repeat to make the side basket and stick to the side of the bike.
- To make the bike stand: cut two small slits in the bottom of the wheels and slot in a piece of rectangular card into each slit.
More? Try These
Watch – Nelly and Nora
Play – Lily’s Memory Match-Up
Watch RTÉJr on:
- Sky: Channel 624
- SAORVIEW: Channel 624
- UPC: Channel 624
Listen to RTÉJr Radio on: