It is a reality show with a difference, Ru Paul's Drag Race is an American reality competition tv series produced by World of Wonder for Logo TV. RuPaul plays the roles of host, mentor & source of inspiration for 'America's next drag Superstar'. In studio with Kathryn this morning is Declan Buckley (aka Shirley Temple Bar).
As of September 2013, the HSE reported that there were 321 children in general residential centres. They stay there until they’re 18, although they are eager to leave & experience the real world, the transition isn’t always easy.
Joining Kathryn in studio we have Paula McHale who set up After Residential Care Trust – a non-profit organization to help those young people who fall into trouble after leaving residential care.
She is here this morning with Alan Doyle, one of the people she’s been helping.
If you need further information, www.afterresidentialcare.ie
Telephone Paula @ 087.1262561
Whenever a Hollywood star of a certain vintage dies, somebody always pronounces them The Last Of The Greats - the final link to a hallowed Golden Age of American Cinema & with the recent death of Lauren Bacall, one of the last female stars of the studio-system era, embodied that period. Joining Kathryn in studio are Bill Hughes & Declan Buckley.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray