With the good weather out in form today, you’re bound to see plenty of men and women in black leathers motoring across the country on motorcycles. If you had been travelling through Tuam you might have noticed two bikers, well those two bikers are actually Reverend Nigel Kirkpatrick and Reverend Andrew McCroskery who spoke to John this morning.
Reverend Nigel Kirkpatrick and Reverend Andrew McCroskery pictured above.
Emigration has touched nearly every Irish family at some point over the past six years, a heartbreaking option for many young people and parents. Although nothing beats the joy of your child coming home, Barbara Scully told John why it means so much to her when her daughter Carla walked through Dublin Airport after a long flight from Perth, Australia. Mother and Daughter joined John in studio.
Carla and Barbara Scully pictured above with John.
Talented actor, writer, comedian, impressionist and gift Grub creator Mario Rosenstock joined John and brought us through his Mi-pod and the music that has shaped and influenced his life.
Mario as Uncle Gaybo pictured above.
Mario Rosenstock Gift Grub Live Tour Dates:
3rd October The Radisson Blu, Sligo.
4th October The Royal Theatre, Castlerbar.
10th October Dolmen Hotel, Carlow.
11th October INEC, Killarney.
18th October Radisson Blu, Galway.
24th October The Clanree Hotel, Letterkenny.
It is often quoted as a greater fear than death Glassophobia can disrupt careers and lead to countless sleepless nights. But what is it? it is one of the most common fears it is the Fear of Public Speaking,
Well, it's the midpoint of the summer and many of us are yet to go on our holidays. Zbyszek Zalinski is here and this summer he’s already travelled though rural Japan, took a river cruise in Moscow and enjoyed the spectacular views of Iceland.
Zbyszek Zalinski (pictured above) spoke to John about YouTube travelling.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray