Bob Geldof shocked fans when he walked through the doors of the Sweeney's pub on Dame Street, which was hosting a night of music in celebration of its fifth birthday. The Strypes were rocking the venue as they played a gig there when starting out three years ago & joining Kathryn on the line is Evan Walsh.
Recently the John Murray Show launched a nationwide talent search to cast the principal role of Sandy for a new production of 'Grease, the Musical,' which is to play in the Gaiety Theatre in November.
Joining Kathryn in studio are our three judges, Tony Finnegan, director of the show, David Hayes Musical Director of Grease & Susan McFadden on the line from Spain.
The 3 semi-finalists this morning are Lauren Nevin, Tanya Shields & Emma Coast.
Last night saw the end of a wonderful World Cup but it also marked the end of an era when broadcasting legend Bill O'Herlihy hung up his mic for the final time. After a TV career spanning five decades, Bill bade farewell to his three 'amigos' Eamon Dunphy, John Giles & Liam Brady, also to his many, many admiring viewers.
Alistair Ian "Ali" Campbell is a British singer, solo artist & songwriter who was the lead singer & a founding member of reggae band UB40, who sold over 70 million records world wide. In 2008 Ali Campbell left UB40 & embarked on a solo career.
Ali joins Kathryn on the line this morning.
Ali will be in Dublin on Wednesday 22nd October 2014 at The Olympia, Dublin
The 2014 World Cup is done & dusted for another four years. Brazil 2014 came to a climax last night in Rio De Janeiro with Germany beating Argentina 1-0. Joining Kathryn on the line this morning are our two supporters from our John Murray Show family of World Cup fans, for Germany Cora Molloy & for Argentina, Andrew Reddin.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray