Many of you may have heard the story over the weekend of Irish woman Mary Downey, run over by not one but three trains in a New York subway. Joining John from New York is paramedic Niall O'Shaughnessy, originally from Limerick.
John is joined in studio this morning by Louise O'Neill, from Clonakilty in Cork. At just 29 years of age, Louise had many agents fighting over her, for her debut novel & has recently struck a major publishing deal. The title of her book is 'Only Ever Yours' & is published by Quercus.
Last week we spoke to John McKiernan from the website 'Romance Outsourced' who lives in Australia & writes, performs and records personalised love songs on request.
On the line this morning we have Clare Smith her boyfriend Aaron Barry & John in Australia with the song he wrote for Clare's boyfriend.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray