Dara's unusually designed van appeared behind RTE political correspondent Martina Fitgerald when she was reporting on water charges on the news yesterday evening. Dara is on the line to John this morning.
Do you check the world around you with a skeptical or cynical eye or is it a good idea to take everything you see or hear at face value? In studio with John this morning to throw a critical eye over this subject, are philosopher & lawer, Paul Brady & columnist & broadcaster Sarah Carey.
Last week we saw the end of our countrywide trawl for this year's Underdogs applications. On the line to John are Miriam Gormally, President Beach Volleyball Ireland & Achill Rovers FC, Chairman, Sean Molloy, both selected as our Underdog teams for 2014.
Yesterday our musician on the programme, Racehl Reis talked about making jam & how she was heading off to find some rhubard & some jars. Our man Colm Flynn went along to eavesdrop on her jam making & also joining John on the line is Liz Loftus of Lizzy's Homemade Jams.
Joining John on the line is fashion guru Darren Kennedy on the latest trend for summer - ' the sad dad look of socks & sandals' & very loud hawaiian shirts- according to the increase in sales of these items at various retail shops, compared to this time last year!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray