John is joined in studio by broadcaster Ella McSweeney to discuss the topic of gender driven toys. Are boys & girls hardwired differently or do parents simply condition them down these stereotyped paths?
John is also joined in studio by four little toy testers - Sam Melady, Aisling Browne Zarpellon, Rebecca Martinez Bazan & Cathal Laffin, who we have invited in to play with a selection of toys here in studio - in our not very scientific experiment!
John'n next guest is Jon O'Brien, Director of Catholics for Choice which is an NGO (non-profit organisation) based in Washington & in US.
It's an advocacy agent arguing for the capacity for men & women to make moral decisions. It is also a registered charity & receives funding from both private individual & foundations like the Ford Foundation. Their work is all around the world, currently in areas such as the Phillipines, Uganda and Kenya.
The John Murray Show has been paired with the Ballyshannon Drama Society, one of the groups taking parting the above festival. Colm Flynn first talks to some of the members of the society & joining John on the line is Ann McHugh, Director of the Ballyshannon Drama Society.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray