Joining John on the line is Kate Hall, Head Penguin Keeper at Dingle Oceanworld, where same sex pair, Penelope & Missy, have fallen in love.
Their son Martin is 22 years of age & the family live near Wigan in UK. Martin is autistic & more or less non-verbal, but when he stands in front of a microphone he can sing songs like Yellow by Codlplay & Your Beautiful by James Blunt, in a very professional way. His parents John & Norma joins us from a studio in the UK.
In an effort to change people's negative perception of students, a new online campaign called Hastag College Foot Print has been launched which encourages students to do good deeds. On the line to John is organiser Daithí de Buitléir & student Aoife Duffy.
We have music & chat this morning as John is joined in studio by one of our most instriguing & hard working singer-songwriters, Wallis Bird. Wallis is back with a new album 'Architect' & will perform in studio this morning.
Wallis is doing an in-store in Tower Records, Dawson Street, April 25th
Gig dates & venues - The Academy, Dublin Apr 25th / Monroes Live, Galway 26th April / Half Moon Theatre, Cork Opera House 27th April.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray