There are great photographs in today's papers of young actress Saoirse Ronan donning a bathrobe & hot water bottle to keep warm in between takes of Colm Tobin's 'Brooklyn' which is being filmed in Wexford. Joining John on the line is Town Clerk, David Minogue.
Newcaster Michael Murphy joins John on the line this morning to talk about his future plans & the possibility of a new venture with RNE Radio Nacional, Spain.
According to a recently published book, holding a nice, warm cup of tea or coffee can make you feel warm, which in turn makes you feel warmer towards others! The book is titled 'Sensation - The New Science of Physical Intelligence' by Professor Thalma Lobel. In studio with John this morning is our resident scientist Niamh Shaw to tell us a little bit more.
John's next guest is a mother of two young children living in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. Following the images shown of the devastation caused to the Philippines by a powerful cyclone in November 2013, Audrey Hallahan hatched an ambitious plan. Audrey is on the line to John this morning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray