Bridge card games have been thought of as one of the most respectable & high-minded of contests but has been brought into disrepute after two German doctors were alleged to have cheated their to the top in last years Bridge World Finals in Bali. Joining us on the line is Mary O'Rourke, All-Ireland Bridge champion.
Also we are joined by journalist Rachael Kane to tell us how she dialled the Taoiseach's mobile & spoke directly to Enda Kenny!
John is joined in studio by Lisa O'Hara, couple counsellor & psychotherapist to discuss the ending long relationships. Also in studio are actors Mary McEvoy & Jon Kenny who will appear on stage together in John B Keane's The Matchmaker.
The Matchmaker opens at the Everyman, Cork Monday April 7th & runs to April 12th
How do you solve the seemingly common problem of young students with deadlines to meet spending vast swathes of study time on the mobile? One frustrated father, Frank McNamara has come up with an idea of a new mobile texting service to assist students in study.
The website is titled www.smstutor.com
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to email@example.com
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray