Click here to take a look at the photos from our latest walk.
Get Your Book Published Competition - Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Kazoo Independent Publishing Services, a subsidiary of Ipsilon Books Ltd (company no. 488302), whose registered office is at 222 Beech Park, Lucan, County Dublin.
2. Employees of RTÉ, of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or with helping to set up or run the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The competition is open to unpublished writers of any age living on the island of Ireland
5. Entries must be original works of fiction or non-fiction of up to but no longer than 100,000 words in length. No illustrated works or picture books will be considered.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per entrant.
7. On the covering page (and ONLY on the covering page), entrants must detail their name, address, telephone number and e-mail address together with the genre of the book and the word count. Please ensure that personal details do not appear on the manuscript itself as entries will be judged anonymously.
8. All entries must be in English
9. Entrants must submit their manuscript at www.kazoopublishing.com and complete the online application form before the advertised closing date of 30th June 2013. Entries must be submitted in MS Word format. Printed manuscripts will not be accepted, nor will manuscripts contained on CDs or other storage devices sent by post.
10. Unsuccessful entries will be securely deleted from all electronic storage devices belonging to the Promoter.
11. The closing date for entries is 30 June 2013. After this date no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
12. All entrants will receive an automated confirmation of receipt of their entry. The promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not received successfully for any reason whatsoever.
13. The prize for the winner of the competition is as follows:
- Professional cover design, including provision of cover image
- Professional typesetting and interior layout design
- Consultation with editor
- Upload to all eBook retailers, including Amazon and the iBookstore
- Listing on Nielsen Bookscan
- 200 printed copies of the book
- Marketing consultation
- Author member page on www.writing.ie
14. The Promoter is a service provider only and does not take any legal responsibility for the content of the winning entry. The Promoter is not a publisher and the winner remains the copyright holder of the work, acts as Publisher of the work and accepts all legal responsibility for the work, including responsibility for any libellous, defamatory, blasphemous or other material contained within the work that may be legally challenged.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry if the entry criteria are not met, or if the entry contains illegal or offensive material.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control.
17. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
18. One winner will be chosen by an independent panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
19. The decision of the panel of judges is final.
20. The winner will be announced on the John Murray Show and in the RTÉ Guide. She or he must be available to appear on the show at a time or times agreed with the show’s producers, and must also make themselves available to be interviewed by representatives of the RTÉ Guide, if required. The winner agrees that their book can be included in all media and social media as deemed appropriate by the Promoter
21. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
23. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material created by the Promoter, by RTÉ or by the RTÉ Guide. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
24. By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have indicated their acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Promoter is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. The information you provide to the Promoter will be safeguarded under the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act 1988 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003 to ensure that the information you provide is safe and is used only for the purposes of the competition. The Promoter will not share your information with any third party not involved with the set up or running of the competition.
Although we endeavour to ensure the security of all correspondence, e-mail communications are not 100 per cent secure. Therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of any data you send electronically to us and cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage experienced through any loss of confidentiality of information.