Mooney, Monday August 4th 2014
On Mooney today...
On Bank Holiday Monday, August 5th, RTÉ Radio 1 listeners will be in for a real treat, as the 10th in the hugely successful series of Mooney Tunes concerts will be broadcast.
Join Derek Mooney, the RTÉ Concert Orchestra, leader Bronagh Cahill and conductor Gearoid Grant, and array of Irish and international talent, for a musical spectacular that includes performances from the Celtic Tenors, superstar jazz vocalist Clare Teal, Finbar Furey, sopranos Mairead Buick and Celine Byrne, Jerry Fish, and the Omagh Community Youth Choir.
Omagh Community Youth Choir
Mooney Tunes 10 was recorded on Friday, June 13th 2014, at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, and will be broadcast from 3pm until 4:30pm on Monday, August 5th, 2014.
Search For A Child Star Finalists
Earlier this year, we launched our competition to find Ireland's newest child star. The competition was open to boys and girls who were aged 10 years old or under. We asked you to record a piece that was no more than three minutes long, and e-mail it in to us.
The finalists, in no particular order, are:
- Hannah Kinsella (9 years old, from Lucan, Co. Dublin) with Pushover
- Nikki Brown (8 years old, from Saggart, Co. Dublin) with Colours Of The Wind
- Anna Lily Fox (6 years old, from Ballinalee, Co. Longford) with a Johnny Cash medley
- Laoise Farrell (9 years old, from Ogonnolloe. Co. Clare) with The Call
- Alannah Bermingham (10 years old, from Kilmacud, Dublin) with Colours Of The Wind
The date for the final will be announced shortly and the winner will perform at our Christmas Mooney Tunes concert.