Brenda Donohue finds out if there’s a stigma against wearing second hand clothes, David McWilliams asks whether we've learnt anything from the property boom, and we’ll have the latest news from Nestwatch 2013!
Win a holiday to New York, Cuncún in Mexico AND a Caribbean Cruise with Mooney's Money this week!
If you play Mooney's Money from Monday to Thursday this week, you'll automatically be in with a chance to win an AMAZING holiday to New York, Cancún, and the Caribbean!! Just answer a simple general knowledge question, and not only could you win €1000, you could also be in with a chance of winning this incredible prize! Each of our daily winners, from Monday to Thursday, will play the Big 4-0 Competition on Thursday, with a chance of winning this 3-in-1 holiday! Click here to find out how to enter today!
7-night Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. Depending on dates that are booked it can be either option.
- Port Canaveral, Florida; CocoCay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Port Canaveral, Florida
- Port Canaveral, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Port Canaveral, Florida
- All inclusive board. Drinks excluded
- The winner will be told that there are dates available in Sept-Nov (subject to availability) and
- When the winner is selected, American Holidays will liaise with winner to get them the package as close to the dates that they wish to travel as possible.
- You must be able to travel in these months and on the agreed dates.
Five night stay in Mexico at 5* Secrets The Vine Cancun.
- All Inclusive board basis
4 night stay in Deluxe one bedroom Suite at the Hotel Beacon NYC
- Room Only
Flights – international and transfer flights included
- Flights for 2 people from Dublin to Orlando
- Internal flights for 2 people from Orlando to Cancun, Mexico
- 2 Internal flights from Cancun to Newark
- 2 flights from Newark to Dublin with United Airlines
- Hotel – airport transfers only included in Mexico
Terms and Conditions
- Prize is for 2 persons over 21 years of age only
- The prize is subject to availability and no cash alternative can be offered
- Travel is applicable for only certain dates in September, American Holidays will advise exact travel dates once winner has been announced
No other dates will be offered, so winner must be available to travel on these dates or prize will be forfeited.
- Prize is applicable for only the hotels and Cruise ship as mentioned
- Holiday insurance is not included
- Transfers are not included
- Prize is non-transferable
- No changes will be permitted
- It is the prize winners responsibility to ensure all passport & visa (if required) are valid for travel
- American Holidays holds the rights to the prize
In our Blue Tit nest, in Derek's back garden, we DEFINITELY have seven eggs - but could there be more?
This screenshot was taken around midday today - have you any more recent screengrabs that show more than seven eggs? If so, we'd love to see them - please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The economist who coined the terms "Decklanders" and "Miss Pencil Skirt" – and sometimes credited for the term "Celtic Tiger" - is back with "Kamikaze capitalism".
David McWilliams is completely depressed about the fact that houses in up-market Dublin are again selling well over the guide prices at auctions while productive SMEs are going to the wall for want of credit, and he joins Derek in studio to explain why he feels we have learnt nothing from the boom and bust of recent years!
Is your little darling too good for hand-me-downs, or are you a savvy shopper getting designer labels from the charity shop for next-to-nothing? Kim Kardashian caused a bit of a stir when she said recently when she said that her impending arrival would not be wearing hand-me-downs, only custom-made designer gear. But in these recessionary times, is there still a stigma attached to second-hand shops and clothes?
Our reporter Brenda Donohue has been rummaging in the rails of Rathmines charity shop Barnados, to check out the business of second-hand kids clothes …
Hedgerows: It is an offence to 'cut, grub, burn or otherwise destroy hedgerows on uncultivated land during the nesting season from 1 March to 31 August, subject to certain exceptions'. For more information, click here.
To contact your local wildlife ranger, click here for contact details. To read the Wildlife (Amendment) Act 2000, click here.
Please DO NOT send any live, dead or skeletal remains of any creature whatsoever to Mooney Goes Wild.
If you find an injured animal or bird, please contact the National Parks & Wildlife Service on 1890 20 20 21, or BirdWatch Ireland, on 01 281-9878, or visit www.irishwildlifematters.ie